"Like" The Curvy Blonde on Facebook!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dolce & Gabbana, ILIA, and Bare Minerals. Things I'm Loving Right Now.

It's been a couple of years since I've worn a lipstick that cost over $20, but sometimes, a little splurge is worth it!  I was recently given Dolce & Gabbana Voluptuous Lipstick from the Monica Collection in the shade," Natural Monica", to try out.  It may be the most perfect lipstick on earth.  Really.  These limited edition Dolce & Gabbana Monica Collection lipsticks , inspired by the Italian actress and fashion model, Monica Bellucci, are flattering, creamy and rich and have some serious staying power.  I had about a six hour wear time!  Found exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue, this is one $32 purchase that's worth it, ladies!

A sort of new-to-me product that I'm in to right now is ILIA Illuminator.  With ILIA, organic ingredients are combined with healing properties of Rose Hip Oil to to bring out your best features.  I've actually been applying ILIA Illuminator in "Sway" lightly across my eyelids under a peachy eyeshadow for a little shimmer.  ILIA can also be used on cheekbones, brow bone, inner corners of eyes, the bridge of your nose and on the center of your bottom lip for a dewy pout. I found that when I applied it to my eyelids post eyeshadow, my shadow didn't crease at all, even after a long day in the sun!

Since discovering that blue-eyed blondes can actually wear purple eyeshadow six years ago, I've been hooked.  The latest I call my favorite, is a deep, shimmery purple called "November" by Bare Minerals.  I'm a fan of the loose shadows because I feel like I have more control on how much of the product actually gets on my brush.  Bare Minerals eye colors pack a ton of color that last all day long.  Bare Minerals shadows all blend seamlessly and almost every shade they produce will mix together beautifully! 










1 comment: