After consulting with Kara for her final look Theodore suggested the models do something a little different (for Kara, at least!) and wear their hair down but alas, Kara wanted to continue with her signature updo style with tons of volume. For the finale, Theodore took the look to the highest of heights (literally!) and gave Cambria a punk rock look for the runway. To recreate the final winning look (and channel your inner rocker), try the following steps:
1. Start by sectioning the hair in two – top half and bottom half. Twist the top half up and secure with a hair stick to get it out of the way.
2. Taking the bottom section of hair, pull the right side back flat against your head and secure with a bobby pin. Be sure to smooth the hair so it’s slicked back and clean. Repeat on the left side.
3. Next, remove the hair stick from the top of the head. Take one-inch sections of hair and spray the roots with Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to create grip for teasing. Then using a brush, tease the hair at the roots for extra high volume.
4. Gently brush the hair in a backward motion to smooth top layer, but be careful not to lose the volume you just created. Curl the ends under and secure with bobby pins. Lightly spray with hairspray to set.
5. Complete this high volume look with Suave Professionals Men® Wet Look Styling Gel (don’t be afraid to snag your guy’s products – especially for an extreme look like this!). Dispense a dollop into your hand, emulsify and smooth the sides. If needed, use a toothbrush to tame any flyaways.
For more behind-the-scenes scoop check out Theodore’s recap of the finale here and visit Suave Beauty on Facebook or @SuaveBeauty on Twitter. Thanks for tuning into “Fashion Star” with us this season! We hope the show-stopping looks that rocked the runway have inspired you to try out some new styles of your own